Thursday, March 15, 2012

Reader Question - What to Wear to a Bachlorette Party?

Hi Alicia, In April, I will be attending a bachlorette party weekend in Miami. I am not sure what I should wear for the occasion. Do you have any suggestions? 

Thanks, L 

A bachlorette party is always a lot of fun, but as I have gotten older I am always torn on what to wear for an evening out especially if a club is involved. So I have put together six looks that could work in Miami. I also tried to be budget friendly because who wants to spend a fortune on looks for one weekend. 

Look 1: Little Black Dress 

I am sure all of us have a little black dress in our closets. A LBD could definitely work for a bachlorette party. When selected a LBD I would select one that is a little tighter fitting to show off your figure and look dressy for an evening out. For accessories, I would wear a pair of large chandelier earrings, a cocktail ring, and strappy heels. I selected a black lace dress because lace is a huge trend right now.
Bachlorette Party Look 1




(Click on the Photo for Details of Each Item)

Look 2: Cocktail Dress 

If you don’t want to wear a black dress then you could also wear a different cocktail dress. I would again select a form fitting dress. I selected a red dress because red can be used for Christmas parties or Valentine’s Day. With the red dress, I selected silver accessories including a fun silver clutch. I selected open toe shoes because it could be really hot in Miami in April so I don’t want to have hot feet.
Bachlorette Party Look 2


(Click on the Photo for Details of Each Item) 

Look 3: Color Block 

A huge trend for spring is color blocking. As I mentioned here, color blocking is simple to wear just stick to the color circle. I personally love combining red and pink. So a night in Miami for color blocking would be great with a pink skirt and red top. I paired the look with a neutral clutch trimmed in gold and nude heels. Nude heels help make your legs look longer and although not pumps these red heels are perfect for spring and Miami.
Bachlorette Party Look 3


(Click on the Photo for Details of Each Item) 

Look 4: Sequins 

Sequins are always a fun look for a night out. I have been on the hunt for a sequin skirt for ages even though I don’t know where I would wear it. But if I were going to Miami for a bachlorette party I would have a reason. I really like the zig zag print of this sequin skirt. I picked a top with a little back details and strappy heels. Since the skirt has silver in it I selected silver bracelets and earrings.
Bachlorette Party Look 4


(Click on the Photo for Details of Each Item)

Look 5: Ankle Length Pants 

If you are self conscious in wearing skirts and being on the dance floor, I recommend pants. But Miami in April pants will be a little too warm. So why not try ankle length pants. Ankle length pants still look extremely dressy and gorgeous with a pair of heels. I selected a pair of black ankle length pants and a silver sequin tank. Since the outfit is neutral colors (I think silver is neutral), I selected accessories to add a pop of color with the red heels, earrings, and clutch.
Bachlorette Party Look 5


(Click on the Photo for Details of Each Item)

Look 6: Shorts and Blazer 

Pairing shorts and a blazer is nothing new but has been seen on many celebrities including Carrie Underwood. Fashion is all about mixing and matching. So mixing the shorts with a blazer you still looking classy but showing off your legs. For the bachlorette party look, I selected a pair of faux leather shorts, sequin tank (for a little sparkle) and a bright pink blazer. I love the shorts with a blazer but wanted the top to stand on its own if you were too warm to wear a blazer.
Bachlorette Party Look 6


(Click on the Photo for Details of Each Item) 

What do you wear for going out?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...