Since I am on vacation, I decided to share some of my travel tips. I have always been an over packer. I always want to make sure that I have enough clothes and extra clothes for those “just in case” moments. So I generally check luggage. I know that I am spending money by checking a bag, but I have to have these items and I want enough room just in case I find something to purchase.
However, this time I decided to not check a luggage and had to fit 9 days of clothes in my carry on. I was worried I wouldn’t be able to do it, but I survived!
So here are my tips for packing.
1. Make a list of the items you need to bring. I always make a list so that I can check it off and make sure I have everything I need.
2. Pick out your outfits in advance. If you are packing and know how many days you are going to be somewhere try to pick out your outfits. This way you have the right about of items and won’t over pack.
3. Put your heavier items on the bottom. If you packing a cardigan or a pair of jeans place them flat on the bottom of the luggage this will help take up less space.
4. Put your liquid items in a ziplock bag. My luggage has a plastic zipper pouch, but I still put my liquid items in a ziplock bag. One time I didn’t put my liquid products in a ziplock bag and when I got home I had nail polish remover all over my clothes. It came out but was a stinky process and the luggage never was the same. So when in doubt place it in a ziplock bag.
5. If you are bringing another handbag or clutch for the occasion put your jewelry in the bag. By placing items in the bag, your bag will hold its shape and you are taking up less space.
I love traveling. I wish I could travel all the time, but I can’t. I am enjoying vacation and hope all of you are having a great week!