Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Blogger Shop Around - Premium Outlets


Saturday I had the pleasure of attending a Dallas Blogger Shop Around at the Premium Outlets located in Allen, Texas.  The Dallas Shop Around started at 10 am with breakfast and learning more about the benefits of outlet shopping.  

The Premium Outlets offers the VIP Lounge is free to join online and offers great benefits exclusive online coupons, voucners for a free VIP Coupon Book, as well as updates on sales and special events.  Some of the examples of the deals include 15% off a purchase of $100 or more at Brooks Brothers Factory Outlet, 20% off any single item at Cole Haan, 25% off one regular-price item at Last Call Neiman Marcus and much more!  The VIP Lounge is a great way to earn lots of savings.

After the introduction to the Premium Outlets, we headed to Banana Republic Factory Stores to learn about summer fashion trends.  Brady, the store's manager, focused on on three summer trends.  The first trend was to go with bold stripes or exaggerated polka dots.  The trend was showcased with a gorgeous striped maxi and cropped cardigan.


The second fashion trend focused on botanical prints and wide leg pants.  Floral is a huge trend for summer.  


The last summer trend is probably my favorite summer trend, color blocking!  This trend was showcased with a color block top and cropped pants which made the look great to go from work to happy hour. 


Brady also mentioned wearing great shoes this summer and a pop of color with accessories.




After Banana Republic, we headed to Samsonite to learn how to pack for trips.  This lesson was great.  Samsonite has some great new luggages including a new bag that weighs only 2 1/2 pounds packed.  Samsonite offers these great packing cubes that allow to pack in a much more efficient manner.  One of the cubes allows to pack 2 pair of slacks, 1 skirt, 2 polo shirts, 1 t-shirt, and 2 button up tops.  How great is that?  The cubes start at $24.  I definitely want one of these!






Once the demonstrations were finished,  it was time to shop.  The Premium Outlets gave us a $50 gift card to do some shopping as well as provided a $15 gift card from Columbia, coupons, and swag bags from White House Black Market and Vitamin World.  

With the coupons and gift cards, I did great (if you follow me on instagram) you saw my haul as well as some of the outfits I tried on.  I picked up a pink workout jacket from Columbia as well as a red tank (and spent none of my own money).  At New York and Company, I had a $25 off coupon off a purchase of $25 or more.  I picked up a great print skirt (you will see it on the blog tomorrow) and a gold necklace (and again spent none of my money).  Bass Outlet was running a huge sale.  You could buy one pair  of shoes and get two pairs free.  I picked up flats for my new job including a beige, red, and black pair.  Here I spent $60 of my own money but basically got three pair of shoes for $20 a piece.  After the Bass Outlet, I hit up the Kitchen Collection to pick up my free egg skillet and a kitchen tool.  At the Kitchen Collection, I only spent $2.59.  

For all of this, I only spent $62.59!


The event was fabulous!  A huge thank you to the Premium Outlets for organizing the day!  For the event, I decided I wanted to be comfortable while still looking stylish.  I wore my navy LOFT dress, leopard print flats, and carried my orange Cole Haan Bag.

Look at all those shopping bags!


Navy Dress - LOFT, Leopard Print Flats - Me Too (gift), Orange Handbag - Cole Haan, Gold Bracelet - won in a giveaway, Gold Earrings - Charming Charlies (gift), Two Tone Watch - Michael Kors (gift) 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...