Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Trend Tuesday – Peplum

Trend Tuesday - Peplum

Right now I am sure you know what peplum is but to be clear peplum is a short, gathered, slightly flared strip of fabric attached at the waist of a blouse, jacket, skirt, or dress. 

Peplum is huge this spring but you may be worried on how to wear it for your body type.  When I first saw the trend, I thought great something to make my hips and legs look larger.  Not for me, but the more I read about the trend the more I knew it could work on any body type. 

When wearing peplum, you want to place the extra fabric in an area to give you the ideal body shape (the hourglass body). 

If you have hips or are pear-shaped you will want to select a top instead of a skirt so that you aren’t adding more fabric to your hips.  One of my favorite looks is this one created by Kimberly from Penny Pincher Fashion.  I have created a peplum look where each item is $50.
Trend Tuesday - Peplum Look 1


G21 Cat Print Peplum Top - $10, Jane Norman Ponte Pencil Skirt - $48, Lilac Textured Peplum Top - $46, Slim Jeans - $24, Pink Peplum Top - $48, Black Ponte Pencil Skirt - $28

If you are a rectangle shape (i.e. straight up and down) add a peplum skirt to create curves or that hourglass body.
Trend Tuesday - Peplum Look 2


Peplum Mini - $36, Red Slash Neck Top - $9, Peplum Skirt - $50, Old Navy Polka Dot Top - $12, Peplum Skirt Purple - $49, Purple Scoop Back Top - $19

Would you wear this trend?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...