Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Turning A Dress Into A Skirt

I have a lot of dresses in my closet, but some of those dresses aren’t winter appropriate.  One of my favorite dresses is this dress that I purchased from a consignment shop in Jacksonville. 


I wore the dress in the fall when the weather was still warm, but since moving to Dallas I haven’t been able to wear this dress.  So I started thinking about how to turn the dress into a skirt and wear it for winter.  I have seen other bloggers turn dresses into blouses (check out the gorgeous Pencil Skirts & Lattes), so I knew I could make it work.

I selected a v-neck sweater with similar colors of the skirt and layered it the dress.  It help winterize the look more I added brown tights and gold flats.  I personally love this look and am really happy that I can turn a dress into a skirt. 



Tan V-Neck Sweater – JCPenny (old) – Similar
Brown Print Dress – Loft (old) – Similar
Brown Tights Target
Gold Flats - Cole Haan - Similar 
Two-Tone Michael Kors Watch Similar 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...