Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Guest Post – Meggy from Chasing Davies

Today, Meggy from Chasing Davies is sharing some of her favorite clothing items.  I have been reading Meggy’s blog in the last few months and love her style.  She looks great especially since she is 9 months pregnant.  I know that Meggy is going to be an amazing mother and I hope you check out her blog!

Hi Fashion by Alicia readers!  I'm Meggy from Chasing Davies and I'm so happy to be here guest blogging while Alicia is moving. 

Being 9 months pregnant now, I can finally see the light.  Besides the pure joy I have about soon meeting my first baby, a little boy, I am also really looking forward to get dressed like a normal person again (or will be a little bit at a time as I shed these baby pounds). I am fully missing my closet and especially a few specific non-preggo belly conducive items.  I have found that I really took some very classic and chic pieces for granted when I wasn't pregnant.  So until I can squeeze back into some of these favorites, will you wear them for me?

Pencil Skirts - Classic and trendy all at the same time right now.  I'd give up chocolate for a week (ok, probably only a day) to wear a bright orange pencil skirt with an over-sized top half tucked in right now.



J.Crew No. 2 Pencil Skirt (I really love all the colors); Madewelll bright blue printed Pencil Skirt; Anthroplogie Super Wale Skirt in Yellow

Button Downs - Oh goodness how I have missed button downs these last few months!  I want so badly to layer them under jackets, sweaters or tucked in to the also missed Pencil (or high waisted) skirt!



I've been wanting this J.Crew polka dot button up since I saw it; Old Navy has great patterned shirts - perfect for layering under sweaters; Mad for plaid button downs - like this one from Target

Bodice Dresses - Fitted top and more voluminous bottom (to help cover my new even wider hips and tush) - but alas, that flattering fitted bodice top won't fit me until this preggo belly is baby free!  



Dress up or down, for party or work - love this Topshop Dress; Mustard Fit and Flare Dress from Anthro; J.Crew shirt dress is kinda a combo of two of my misses!

Wear them and wear them well my new friends (and if so inclined, let me know, send me a pic or post of your outfits to get me by until I can wear them)!  Thanks for having me here, Alicia!

xox,
Meggy from Chasing Davies

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...