Monday, December 12, 2011

Guest Post – Holiday Makeup Products from My Dressy Ways

Today, J and I are headed to Dallas.  Since we are driving across the country and then settling into our new home I asked some of my favorite bloggers to guest post for Fashion By Alicia.

To kick off my series of guest post, Ying from My Dressy Ways is taking over Fashion By Alicia.  I have been reading Ying’s blog for a while now and feel like I know her even though I have never met her in person.  She is a mom, works, and maintains her fabulous blog.  Ying is sharing some of her favorite holiday makeup products and I know you will love them.



Hi Fashion by Alicia readers! I’m so excited to be posting for Alicia again as she makes her move to Dallas!

It’s the holiday season, and I’ve been giving much thought to what I’m going to wear. I’m sure you have too if you’ve got some holiday parties on your schedule, but have you given any thought to what you’re going to be wearing for makeup? Well, if you have, then I’m about to share with you some my favorites that I hope you’ll try. And if you haven’t given it much thought, well, now you will. These are my tried and true favorites and are actually part of my daily looks, but also work great for a holiday party look, I just increase the drama with darker eyes and lips.


Eye Makeup



Step 1:  I start with my favorite eye shadow primer, Too Faced Shadow Insurance.

Step 2:  The e.l.f. Brightening Eye Color quad in Day 2 Night is BY FAR the best $1 I’ve ever spent on eye shadow. Most Targets have a full wall of e.l.f. products now so you should be able to find this there. All four colors blend to make the perfect smokey eye. I cannot rave about this eye shadow quad enough. It is an amazing look for $1. Next time you’re in Target, just pick it up. You won’t be disappointed. I have the Urban Decay Naked Palette, and still prefer to use this for my day to day look.

Step3:  I follow up the eyeshadow with my Shu Uemura eye lash curler and my holy grail of mascaras – Maybelline Lash Stiletto.

Step 4:  I line my upper lash line with Physicians Formula Lash Booster. This eyeliner is so smooth, pigmented and fast drying. Gone are the days of applying liquid liner and then following with a fan from piece of paper to dry. This formula dries super fast so it doesn’t smudge.

Step 5:  For day to day eye makeup, I don’t wear liner on my bottom lashes, but for nights out, I do. That’s when I pull out the Almay eyeliner. I’ve been using this for years. I love it because it lasts all day and/or night and is a very smooth formula, thus no pulling on my sensitive 30 year old eyes.

Step 6: If I have a lot of fallout from my eyeshadow, I use a small amount of oil free eye makeup remover on a cotton pad and swipe underneath my eyes before I add Physicians Formula Gentle Cover Stick Concealer in Yellow. I know it’s often debated as to when to apply concealer, but I’ve found this works best for me!

Lips



If you’re wearing a very smoky dark eye, I suggest going with a nude lip. I also like to add gloss to the top of a nude lip. Revlon Soft Nude and Sally Hansen Lip Inflation Color-Full in Flaunt. 

If you want to decrease the eye makeup and focus on your lips instead, my go-to red is NYX Snow White.  I also love Revlon Black Cherry.  It looks very dark in the tube, but applies like a deep berry. Both these colors are in rotation in my outfit posts.

I hope you check out Ying's blog!  Although I am moving today, I am doing a guest post of my own over on my friend Amber's blog Real Girl Glam!  Hope you will check it out!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...