Monday, December 19, 2011

Guest Post - Amy from At the Pink of Perfection

The guest post today is brought to you by Amy from At the Pink of Perfection.  Amy lives in Virgiina and loves anything about fashion, decorating, cooking and many more.  She has some great recipes including this fabulous looking monkey bread!  Amy is one of the sweetest girls I know.  I am sure if we lived in the same city we would be great friends.  Hope you will check out her blog!

Hey guys! I am Amy, from At the Pink of Perfection, and I'm uber excited to be guest posting for Alicia today! I love blogging about fashion, style, nails, beauty, cooking, baking, decorating, and my spiritual journey.  So, pretty much everything.  I'd love for you to stop by!

Today I'd like to show you the Magnetic Manicure, featuring Nails, Inc. Magnetic Nail Polish. I've been wanting this polish for awhile now, and finally went for it and I am so happy I did.  And the names don't hurt either: Parliament (purple),Trafalgar Square (chrome), and Whitehall Teal (teal).


I believe the only place to get it is at Sephora, and only in store if it's a flagship, or larger store.  I bought mine online as the Sephora here in VA is smaller than my living room. The link is for the set of 3 for $30 which I purchased, but you can buy them individually for $16 each.
Here's how you apply!


1.) ALWAYS start with a base coat.  This protects your nails as well as creates a smooth surface for your manicure.  I go back and forth between two, Deborah Lippman Rehydrating Basecoat and Nail Magic Nail Treatment.


 2.) Apply first coat of the magnetic polish.  Allow to dry. I usually get done all 10 fingers, check Twitter and apply the second coat. Before applying the second coat, make sure you have your magnet (included in set or with polish) at the ready.


3.) Apply the second coat one nail at a time.  After painting a "generous" second coat on your first nail (I always start with my pinky), replace brush back in the polish and hold the magnet over your nail for 10-15 seconds.  The magnet has a ledge of sorts to rest on your cuticle so as to maintain the proper distance.  Continue with the rest of your nails. 


4.) Finish with topcoat.  I swear by this topcoat, Seche Vite.  It's available pretty much everywhere, Target, CVS, drugstores, etc.  I buy mine at Sally Beauty Supply as it's a little bit cheaper and considering the amount I go through, it's worth it. This top coat is applied while your nails are still wet, and will have your nails 99% dry in less than 5 minutes.  Trust me. 
Voila!



I highly recommend this nail polish, it's just as fun to apply as it is to look at!

Stop by my blog to see more nail polish tutorials!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...