Monday, June 6, 2011

Do You Wear Short Shorts?

Who wears short shorts?  I don’t wear short shorts.  Yesterday, I received an email from one of my readers asking me for shorts recommendations.

I have never been a fan of shorts.  I always feel like my legs look like tree trunks and just aren’t flattering for my body.  So I generally opt for wearing skirts, dresses, and jeans in the summer.  This year I decided to make the leap and wear shorts.  Florida is already hot and humid and I think shorts are necessary.  So here are my recommendations for shorts.

The go to shorts for all body types are shorts with an inseam of 7 or 8 inches (mid-length shorts).  These types of shorts will look great on every body type.  The shorts are not too long and they aren’t too short so they will make your legs look longer but help cover up your upper thigh area.  These shorts also called walking shorts are great paired with a set of wedges. 


 
7" chino short - $45.00

If you have flabby thighs like I do I recommend wearing wearing shorts that go to your knees.  These shorts generally have an inseam of 9 to 10 inches.  These types of shorts are generally Bermuda shorts and will never go out of style.  These shorts will definitely make your legs appear shorter so wear them with wedges or even a pair of heels to make your legs look longer.  




If you have short legs, your goal is to make your legs look longer.  I recommend selecting shorts that have a 4 to 5 inch inseam.  These shorts are definitely shorter than I would wear, just because of my thighs, but will work great to make your legs appear longer.  




If you are tall and have thin legs, first off I am jealous!  Secondly, I recommend shorts that are rolled up.  This will give the appearance that your legs are curvier and more muscular.  




The weather is starting to warm up so it is time to add some shorts to your wardrobe.  Whatever your body type, select shorts that you feel comfortable wearing, if not the shorts will just take up closet space.  I hope my tips help and if you have any questions feel free to contact me

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...