Saturday, May 28, 2011

Two for the Price of One

That’s right you get two outfit looks for one post.  How exciting is that?  Yesterday I had lunch and dinner plans, I normally would have just worn the same outfit for both occasions but decided to show off two different outfits.

The first look was my lunch look.  I went to European Street Cafe for lunch.  I have never been disappointed with European Street.  Their sandwiches are always delicious and this time was no exception.  I had the Roast Beef Club on a croissant, yum!  If you are in the mood for a sandwich, definitely check this place out. 



Volume One Brown Banded Tank with Crochet details – Marshall’s – Similar Item
Dark Denim Capris – Gap Outlet – Similar Item
Brown Leather Gladiator Sandals – Bass Outlet – Similar Item
Gold and Brown Bangle Bracelets – World Market – Similar Item
Brown Ring – Forever 21 – Similar Item
Gold Earrings – Target – Similar Item
Straw Purse – Purchased in the Bahamas – Similar Item Here or Here

The outfit for lunch is a casual Florida look, but with a fun twist.  I purchased the top from Marshall’s two years ago to possibly wear for my bachelorette party weekend.  I didn’t wear it on the trip and it continued to hang in my closet never to be worn.  I decided since crochet items were coming back in style I needed to keep the top.  I really like the top and I am sure I will be wearing it more often.  I rediscovered my purse a few months ago when I was going through my accessories.  I purchased the purse at the Straw Market in the Bahamas.  I carried it a lot when I first purchased it, but it hasn’t been used in years.  The purse will be perfect for the summer. 

The next look, I wore to dinner in Amelia Island with J and my favorite couple.  J and I had planned on taking the photos of the look near the restaurant to have a different scene, but when we were leaving it was pouring buckets at our house.  So we took some photos at the house.  Luckily, when we arrived it had stopped raining so we were able to get some fun photos in. 






Xhilaration Floral Maxi Dress – Target - Similar Item  
BandolinoBlu Jacket, Talulla Elbow Sleeve Belted Safari Trench Macy’s
Brown Skinny BeltForever 21
Brown Leather Gladiator Sandals – Bass Outlet – Similar Item
Gold and Brown Bangle Bracelets – World Market – Similar Item
Brown Ring – Forever 21 – Similar Item
Gold Earrings – Target – Similar Item

We had dinner at Brett’s Waterway Café.  I had been to Brett’s one time prior and the food was good.  The food last night was also really tasty, but we had really poor service.  Our waitress would disappear leaving us thirsty and when she returned she didn’t seem to care.  Luckily, the food was good and the company was great so the evening was a success.

I purchased the maxi dress for my rehearsal dinner in 2009.  We did a luau theme so the maxi dress was perfect.  I haven’t really utilized the dress, but after seeing so many maxi dress posts I was inspired to wear it.  The jacket I purchased at Macy’s last week.  The jacket was on sale for $19.99 and I had seen a lot of safari style looks and thought it would be a great addition to my closet.  I had a gift card so the jacket was actually free.  So I definitely couldn’t pass.  I decided to use the leather belt from one of my tops with the jacket to give it a dressier look.  I was really pleased with the look.

I had a great evening and hope to have a great Memorial Day Weekend.  What are your plans for this weekend?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the maxi dress! SO cute! Nice to see something different in a outfit of the day photo, a shark! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...