Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tip Tuesday – Graduation Gift Ideas

Today is Tuesday, which means another addition of Trend Tuesday, except I have decided to make Tuesday - Trend or Tip Tuesday.  I know you were all waiting to read about my latest trend tip, but I’ll be honest I just wasn’t feeling trendy this morning.  I am not sure why, but I have a feeling it has to do with bumping my head yesterday.  I am such a klutz.  I leaned over to put something in my recycle bend and sure enough hit my head on the doorframe.  It wasn’t just a little bump.  I hit it pretty hard.  I have a bump on my temple and some bruising and have been a bit dizzy all day.  So I didn’t want to make my head hurt by thinking about trends and knew a post about graduation gift ideas would be much easier.

Graduation season is upon us.  I attended my brother’s college graduation a few weeks ago remember?  With graduation season comes graduation gifts.  I love buying gifts.  I try to find the perfect gift for the occasion.  Sometimes I do well and other times I crash and burn.  Here are some of my graduation tip ideas depending on the graduate.

High School Graduation:

I remember when I graduated from high school so many years ago; I was embarking on a journey - traveling from Point Pleasant, West Virginia to Miami, Florida.  I received many gifts and money, but some gifts were more helpful than others. 

Practical Gifts:

If you are the person that gives practical gifts, here are few suggestions for the high school graduate.  You could get them a small refrigerator, microwave, towels, sheets, or luggage.  All of these items would be perfect for the high school graduate that needs dorm room essentials.  Most stores have a dorm room stop where you could find these items.

  


Keepsake Gifts:

My family always has always been the kind to give keepsake gifts for presents.  I have tons of jewelry that I have accumulated over the years due to graduations or other big events in my life.  For a girl high school graduate, I would select a necklace or bracelet from Tiffany & Co.  These jewelry pieces are classic and definitely would not go out of style.  I am sure every high school girl would love to receive a little blue box.  I know I would. 
 


For a boy high school graduate, I would select a watch.  The watch would help them look professional but also be practical at the same time.  You can find nice watches everywhere.  Here are a few of my favorites:





 

 

College Graduation:

The college graduate is either going out into the real world or back to graduate school.  These items will work for either person and can be practical or keepsake.

A graduate will need diploma frames.  You can either select the frames for the graduate or get a gift card to Michael’s and allow the graduate to pick out the frames that they want. 

Another option for college graduates would be a briefcase, messenger bag or tote.  The briefcase would work perfect for going into the work force, but would also work for graduate school.  There are briefcase options at every store.  J and I purchased a briefcase for my brother for his college graduation.  We picked out a black leather briefcase from the Cole Haan outlet.  I wanted to select an item that would hold up and be professional.  I selected Cole Haan, because I have a leather handbag from there that I have had for over a year and still looks brand new.  You do not need to purchase from Cole Haan, I just like their products.  Here are a few briefcase options:

I hope these graduation gift idea tips help.  Follow me for future Trend or Tip Tuesdays.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are all great Graduation Gifts Ideas...I'll take one of each please.. Great post.

Kisses,
Marina
http://fashionmakeuplifestyle.blogspot.com/

Fitness By Alicia said...

I think I would take one of each too, lol!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...