Monday, May 16, 2011

Review - Dr. Scholl’s Fast Flats

Source:  missfamousblog.com

During college I was able to wear heels 24/7, but as I have gotten older I have not been able to wear heels for long periods of time.  This weekend was my brother’s graduation ceremony from Duke University.  I knew that I wouldn’t be able to walk all over campus wearing heels so I had decided I would put flip-flops in my purse to change out once my feet began to hurt.  But then I came across Dr. Sholl’s Fast Flats at Walgreens for $12.99.  I purchased the flats because I liked that they could fold up and fit in the gold wristlet.  I knew that they would take up less space in my purse than the flip-flops.  I selected size 9-10 because I generally wear size 10.  The shoes fit with no problem since there is elastic on the back of the shoe letting them stretch to fit my foot. 

The flats definitely worked this weekend.  The shoes fit perfectly in the gold wristlet and in turn fit perfectly in my purse without taking up a lot of space.  After the graduation proceedings, I slipped on the shoes quickly and was able to walk all over campus.  The shoes are great for $12.99, but not for everyday wear.

The shoes are thin and have very little support.  Since there is not a lot of support, the shoes are problematic if you are walking on gravel or sticks.  The rocks go through the bottom of the shoe and you feel them.  Ouch!  If you are walking on a smooth surface the flats are great.  While walking this weekend, I tried to avoid rocks and they worked great. 

I plan on keeping the shoes so I can use them when I know I am going to be doing a lot of walking in heels.  I wish they had these shoes when I was in college so that I could have avoided some foot pain!

If you need quick flats definitely check these out, but try to avoid rocks!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...