Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tip Tuesday – What to Wear to an Interview

A few weeks ago I had an interview.  When I was trying to figure out what I was going to wear, I went to my closet to pick out one of my many suits.  But since the interview wasn’t for a job in the legal field I decided to change it up.  So I selected a black jacket, polka dot skirt, heels, and a pop of color from my green satchel.





When I created this look, I thought I would share some tips on what to wear to an interview.

1.  Wear clothes appropriate for the job.

If you are interviewing for a job in sales you still want to be professional but you do not need to wear a suit.  If you are interviewing for a legal job wear a suit.  This is pretty basic.  You don’t have to wear a suit, but I recommend long sleeves and a skirt. 

2.  Wear clothes that fit



One thing you must do is wear clothes that fit.  If you wear clothes that are too tight or too big you will not look professional.  There is nothing worse than wearing clothes that are too tight or too revealing (gross!)  Eva may look amazing, but could you really wear that to an interview?  No.

3.  Wear Tights or Hose


I hate wearing tights or hose, but I wear them because my legs have flaws and the tights or hose make my legs look better.  Kate Middleton definitely wear tights right.  I only wear hose when I have an interview, but I always think they look better.  Try to pick a pair that matches your skin tone.  You don’t want to wear dark hose and look like you’ve been tanning 24/7

You may not want to wear hose, but I definitely think it is more professional.

The main thing with an interview is to dress for the job you want and be comfortable in the clothes you wear. 

1 comment:

Megan said...

Cute! Perfect for an interview :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...