Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thursdays Favorite Things By My Dressy Ways

So excited for another guest post this week.  Are you?

Meet Ying.  Ying is the fabulous fashionista from My Dressy Ways.  Ying showcases a great way to dress business casual and dresses fabulously.  Here is Ying's favorite things in her own words.

Hello Fashion By Alicia readers! I’m so honored to be asked to write about my favorite things for Alicia’s Thursdays Favorite Things!

Even though the official ‘first day’ of fall is September 23rd, I’m already in fall mode. I love summer and hate to see it come to an end, but there is so much to love about fall. There are also so many things going on to appease the senses! Leaves changing color, the sound of leaves under your feet, and last but not least, the SCENT of fall. Mmmmm, deep inhale just thinking about it. And then there’s fall fashion. What’s not to love?  I’m not ready to say good bye to summer, however, I AM ready to dive into my fall wardrobe staples! Here are my tried and true fall favorites as well as some new ones that are on my wishlist.
Cognac boots



I have a really old pair that I got a great deal on long before cognac boots were all the rage. Now, you can’t find a decent pair under $100. Wait. Who am I kidding? Under $200! (I’m looking for some heel height which adds to the cost, apparently.) The pair that I own has been worn to the point of falling apart but I still rock them because I love them so much and they go with EVERYTHING.

Camel colored blazer



One thing on my checklist that I can cross off thanks to my off-season shopping! I picked one up at LOFT over the summer for under $20. It’s the perfect topper to add to a sleeveless top or blouse. Nude and neon is a hot combination this fall and I’m thinking this will be a great piece for that combo.

Colored jeans/pants



Hot for summer and still hot for fall. I would love a hot pink pair to go with my camel blazer! I recently picked up a rust colored pair from Forever 21 and am really excited to wear them this fall with my booties and my knee high boots.

Dark nails


Yesssss. I love bright nails, but I love dark nails even more. My favorite fall and winter color is Vixen by Revlon. It is a deep burgundy and is a great alternative to black. I can’t wait to sport this on my nails again!
Leopard print



Leopard anything. If you’re new to leopard, start with accessories to more comfortable with it. Try a belt or a clutch. It’s more versatile than you think! Once you own one item, you’ll be amazed at how much you’ll want to reach for the leopard accents and the addiction begins….

 Hope you enjoyed Ying's favorite things.  Definitely check out her blog, My Dress Ways

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...