Friday, August 26, 2011

Little Black Dress With A Twist

I purchased this dress in 2009 and still haven’t had it on.  I purchased the dress for a fall wedding and when it arrived I realized it wouldn’t be warm enough for the wedding so I picked up something else.  I was going to return it, but it cost $19.99.  So I kept it.  But every time I put it on I decided to wear something else.  I think the main issue with the dress was the waist.  The dress came with a ribbon for a belt and I just didn’t feel like it cinched in my waist.  So I decided to remove the ribbon and go with a belt.  I definitely like the dress now.   For a pop of color, I selected earrings with turquoise and my turquoise clutch from Downtown Divas  So if you aren't liking the shape of a dress, try adding a belt or a pop of color and you may like it.



Black Lace Dress – Macys (no longer available) – Similar
Black Open Toe Pumps – Nine West (no longer available) – Similar
Garden Party Chandelier Earrings - Green/GoldStella & Dot – c/o These are a few of Christina’s Favorite Things
Black Stretch Belt - Kohls (no longer available) - Similar
Turquoise Clutch – Downtown Divas Jacksonville (not available online) – Similar

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...