Sunday, July 10, 2011

On Sundays I Smile – Week in Review

Every Sunday I do a recap of my week and smile about everything that I have accomplished this week. I started this because of Elissa of Dress With Courage.  She began doing this and I thought it was a great idea.  So I added her badge and started doing my weekly recap with a smile. 

Since I was out of town from Wednesday June 29th through Wednesday July 6th, I am going to do a little larger review.

Wednesday

On Wednesday I woke up at 2:30 a.m. to announce the winner of my first ever fashion giveaway.  After making the announcement, we were on the road for the 13 hours it takes to get to St. Louis.  We had a fairly uneventful road trip.  We then got ready and went to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants in St. Louis, Onesto.  Onesto is DELICIOUS!  They have the best alfredo that I have ever had and we all know how much I love alfredo.  We went to bed really early since we had been up so long.

Thursday

Thursday we made our trip down to the lake.  J’s parents’ have a lake house on Table Rock Lake.  We took Sophie swimming with her knew life jacket and she LOVED it!  She had a great time.  
After swimming and relaxing, we went to the Steak Inn at Shell Knob.  I had probably one of the best steaks I ever had.  The food was really good even if it was not near anything.  If you are ever near Kimberling City, Missouri you should drive over to the Steak Inn.

Friday

Friday was another day of relaxing and lake time and then the other guests started to arrive – J’s sister and her husband, 3 of their friends, and J’s friend and his girlfriend.  Friday was pretty uneventful.

Saturday

Everyone went down to the lake, but J wasn’t feeling up to it.  So we beat the heat by staying inside and watching Red.  I had never watched it, but was really pleased with the movie.
Sunday

Sunday we got up and went to Shepherd of the Hills Vigilante Ziprider in Branson Missouri.  I was going to go and be the photographer because I was scared of the zip line.  But once I saw the Ziprider I realized I could do it.  I actually did the zip line.  It wasn’t too scary and I wish I realized that so I could have did the zip line in West Virginia, but oh well.  


After the Zip line we went back to the lake to swim and then went to The Shepherd of the Hills outdoor theater.  The theater performance was really entertaining.  It told the story of the area and had drama, fighting, and even a fire.  It was really neat and we even saw fireworks.

 Monday

Monday was the 4th of July!  Yay!!  We watched the hot dog eating contest, which I try to watch every year and then headed to the Branson Landing for a little shopping and lunch.  I didn’t find any items for myself, but I did find some great deals for my hubby.  The Branson Landing has a JoSA. Banks Outlet.  I didn’t know they even had an outlet!  We scored two dress shirts for $32.00!  It was an amazing deal!  I just wish we had one closer.

Tuesday

We loaded in the car and made the 4-hour drive back to St. Louis.  I slept part of the way, because I was really exhausted.  Once we got back, we went to lunch with J’s parents at Tucker’s Place.  I had never been before, but really enjoyed my roast beef sandwich. 

For dinner, we met a few of J’s friends at Joey B’s.  I love pizza and we always try different pizza when we are in St. Louis.  This restaurant had my favorite St. Louis style pizza.  It was DELICIOUS!

 Wednesday

We headed back to Jacksonville.  13 hours in the car is not my favorite, but the trip was made better by realizing I won a fabulous cuff bracelet from Sassy Jeweler.  The bracelet is fabulous and I can’t wait to show it off.

I also posted my second giveaway on Wednesday – a $25 gift card to Loft.  Have you entered yet?  

Thursday

I spent the day catching up on reading blogs and laundry.  Ugh laundry.  It is everywhere!

Friday

Was a day for relaxing!  I am finally home for a while which means I can be more consistent with my blogging and network more.

Saturday

I spent Saturday watching movies on TV and catching up on shows that I had missed.  It wasn't an exciting day, but a day that I really enjoyed and needed.  

What made you smile this week?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...