Sunday, June 26, 2011

On Sundays I Smile – Week in Review

Every Sunday I do a recap of my week and smile about the week.  This idea was started by Dress with Courage and I think it is a great idea.

This week I am smiling for number of reasons, but mostly for the time I spent with my family for the Sayre Family Vacation.  The vacation was great!  Since I have been out of town for longer than a week, I am going to do a recap that’s a little bigger than a week.

Saturday

Saturday was spent at a wedding held at the West Virginia State Farm Museum.  The wedding was for my second cousin.  It was so great to see family and friends that I had not seen in years.  I had a wonderful time.


 Sunday

Sunday was Father’s Day.  I went to breakfast with my dad at Bob Evans.  We had a great visit and he really liked his gift this year.  I got him a new fishing reel and two photo albums filled with photos from my brother’s graduation.

After breakfast with my dad, I helped my mom load the car for the family vacation held in Beckley, West Virginia.  My Uncle has a house in Beckley with a huge pool and a hot tub.  Sunday was spent swimming and relaxing.

Monday

Monday was white water rafting day.  I had never been white water rafting, but was really excited for the adventure.  We used West Virginia Adventures for our rafting trip.  The crew of West Virginia Adventures was so helpful.  I would recommend them for all of your white water trips.  We traveled down the Upper New River.  I loved the white water rafting.  It was a great time.


 Tuesday

During the day Tuesday, we spent the day relaxing by the pool and catching up on old times.  That evening was game night.  My Aunt created the Sayre Family Minute to Win It games.  If you have ever watched Minute to Win It, you know what I am talking about.  The games are hilarious and sometimes really difficult.  I played two games – Tic Tac Toe and Elephant March.  The Tic Tac Toe game seemed impossible, but I did win the Elephant March.  The games were HILARIOUS! 

After the games we headed out to a campfire for s’mores and campfire songs.  This reminded me of my years at 4-H Camp.  I lead many songs and loved every minute of it.

Wednesday

Wednesday I went shopping!  I mean it can't be vacation if I didn't get some sort of shopping in.  When I was little I would go to Gabriel Brothers all the time.  But since I now live in Florida, I hadn’t been there in years.  So I really wanted to go to while I had the opportunity.  Gabriel Brothers is a clothing discount store that sells name brand clothes and ridiculously low prices.  It is located in Kentucky, Maryland, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia.

I bought a maxi dress, a maiden form bra, sunglasses, a set of bangle bracelets, and a double strand pearl necklace for $32.00!  I found some great deals!  I will share my purchases in a later post!

After shopping, the family headed to Theatre West Virginia to see Honey in the Rock.  Honey in the Rock is a play about how West Virginia was formed and gives a great history of the state.



 Thursday

In the morning on Thursday, we sat around the pool and had pedicure day.  My cousin painted all of our toes with fun designs.

After the pedicure, a group of us went to Pipestem Resort State Park for horse back riding and site seeing.

The day finished off with zip lining at Burning Rock Adventure Park.  The zip line went 60 MPH!  I was too big of a chicken to try it, so I played photographer and captured everyone’s trip down.

Friday

Friday I spent the morning cleaning and packing.  That evening I spent the day catching up with my dad.  It was great that I got to spend some time with him.

Saturday

I headed home to Jacksonville.  I was excited to see my husband and puppy.  It had definitely been a long time apart.

The family vacation was great!  I am so glad I got to spend the time with my family.

What made you smile this week?

3 comments:

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

shopping and spending time with family...sounds like things to smile about, indeed! :)

Wynter said...

glad you had fun!

shanicexoxo.info

Fitness By Alicia said...

Thanks ladies! It was a great trip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...