Monday, May 16, 2011

My Outfit – Friday



Flower Print Shirt – Ann Taylor Loft Outlet (not available online)
Black Pants – Ann Taylor Loft (not available online)
Black Flats – Natuaralizer (not available online)
Yellow Women for Women Beaded Bracelet Kate Spade (Easter Gift)
Yellow Croft and Barrow Silver-Tone Dome Stud EarringsKohls
Orange Handbag – Cole Haan (not available online)

Friday my husband and I made our way from Jacksonville, Florida to Durham, North Carolina for my brother’s graduation.  I generally do not wear dress clothes when I am going to be in a car for 6-7 hours, but we had a dinner reservation at 6:15 and I wasn’t sure if we would have time to change at the hotel.  Sure enough we didn’t have time and the outfit worked perfectly for dinner.  I selected the shirt and pants because I knew they wouldn’t really get wrinkled in the car and were still comfortable enough for the drive.  On our drive we drove passed South of the Border in South Carolina.  Let me just say this place looks amazing, but we couldn’t stop.  As you are driving through South Carolina you will see billboard after billboard promoting South of the Border.  My favorite is “You Never Sausage A Place.  You’re Always a Weiner at Pedros.  South of the Border.”  I wasn’t sure what I expected when we finally arrived at South of the Border.  But then I saw a sombrero water tower.  We didn’t stop, but it is definitely an interesting place. 

We arrived a little early to the Angus Barn.  We had drinks at the Wild Turkey Lounge while waiting for my family to arrive.  The Angus Barn was amazing.  The restaurant was a huge barn with old country decor.  There was a glass wall filled with different guns, quilts were on the walls, and the Wild Turkey Lounge had turkeys everywhere.  The restrooms even had a boy and girl turkey on the door.  I loved that the girl turkey had heels and a handbag. 






The food was delicious!  I started with French onion soup, then had the bacon wrapped filet mignon and stuffed potatoes.  Wow!  If you are ever in the Durham area I recommend trying out the Angus Barn.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...